A really good reason to join The VETI Network is to be informed. If you want to know what's happening at VETI, join The VETI Network. Through our monthly email broadcasts, members are the first to know about news, announcements, graduation, meetings, changes, updates. etc.
There are quite a few things you can do on the V.E.T.I. Network.
- Join. Membership is Free. As of 12/3/2012 we have 1,194 VETI Network Members. The V.E.T.I. Network brings people together: students, staff, faculty, alumni and friends. The V.E.T.I. Network opens new doors to involvement. By joining you will also receive news & announcements automatically about once a month and you don't even have to be a student of V.E.T.I. to participate.
- Take advantage of all of the resources and information for Instructors, Coordinators, Students, and Visitors. Lot's of free stuff.
- Browse around. Start clicking and see what's happening. Visit the Groups section. Find out what's taking place in your city. Check out the Course lists and Students Tips area. Visit student pages.
- Participate. Responding to articles, notices and questions. Leave a comment for fellow student or instructor. Ask a question in discussion group that's interesting to you. Instructors can ask questions to other instructors and share tips.
- Start your own blog or your own discussion group. Let us know what's happening in your local V.E.T.I. extension. Students and Instructors can also start a discussion for their class (it doesn't make a difference whether it's an online class or an on-site class). In the Instructors Only Group you can also share info and ask questions to all other instructors. If you see a need for a new group or topic just start one.
- Update your profile with a picture. That will remove the "I'm Shy" picture. As you may have noticed, there are a lot of shy people on our network. You don't have to be one of them. Tip: When choosing a photo use a close-up picture.
- Upload pictures. Take group pictures of your classroom, teachers, coordinators, church or other students. Start a contest.
- Upload videos. Use your cell phone to record your instructor and classmates. Send us a greeting.
- For a list of all of the features available (including Chat, Groups, Events and more) click here.
Remember that you can't break anything on the VETI Network so go a head and have fun. Below are a few links that provide detailed instructions how to become an efficient V.E.T.I. network member. If you have any tips or suggestions, feel free to add your comment below.